Whether you were charged with a misdemeanor or felony in Round Rock, take the charges seriously. The arrest alone can hurt your reputation, and if you’re held in jail while awaiting trial, your relationships and career may be adversely impacted. You could also suffer various consequences if you are later found guilty of the offense. Possible sanctions include confinement, fines, probation, and/or driver’s license suspension, among others. To seek to avoid or minimize penalties, you must aggressively challenge the allegations against you. Combating the accusations can be difficult because of the complexities and nuances involved in the criminal justice system. That is why it’s crucial that you hire an attorney to stand up for you.
At Smith & Vinson Law Firm, our Round Rock criminal defense lawyers can assist throughout your case. We will help you understand your rights, discuss your options, and vigorously advocate on your behalf. Recognizing the possible life-altering consequences of a charge and conviction, we are prepared to leverage our talents and skills to pursue a favorable outcome. Our approach involves listening to your side of the story and thoroughly analyzing the facts to uncover the truth. With former prosecutors on our team, we can anticipate our opponent’s moves to build an individualized and powerful legal strategy.
We Are Ready to Take on Your Criminal Case
At Smith & Vinson Law Firm, no criminal matter is too large or small for our team. We are invigorated by a challenge. Every case – be it a low-level misdemeanor or serious felony – allows us to put our passions and skills to work to find innovative solutions for our clients. Regardless of your situation, you can be confident that when you hire us, you will have a champion on your side doing what it takes for you.
Our criminal defense lawyers in Round Rock provide legal representation for all types of offenses, including:
- Domestic violence: Acts of abuse or threatened abuse against a family or household member are considered domestic violence. These offenses often have enhanced penalties attached to them.
- Drug crimes: Possession, manufacture, or delivery of controlled substances are banned under Texas statutes. Many of these crimes are felonies carrying lengthy prison sentences.
- DWI and BWI: Texas law prohibits driving with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher or when a person’s normal faculties are impaired by alcohol and/or drugs, compromising their ability to safely operate a vehicle.
- Juvenile crimes: Generally, an offense allegedly committed by a child under 18 years of age will be handled by a juvenile court, which is much different from an adult court. Yet, the minor can be subject to various sanctions that affect their future.
- Murder: Depending on the alleged conduct, a person who takes the life of another individual may be charged with murder, capital murder, manslaughter, or criminally negligent homicide, all of which are harshly penalized.
- Probation violations: When a person is placed on probation, the court orders various conditions they must follow. Violating the terms can result in a revocation of probation and imposition of the statutory sanctions for the initial offense.
- Sex crimes: This term refers to offenses that are sexual in nature, such as prostitution, rape, possession of child pornography, and exploiting a minor. Typically, a conviction comes with a sex offender registration requirement.
- Theft crimes: A person may be charged with a theft crime if they are alleged to have unlawfully misappropriated the property of another person.
- Violent crimes: Acts of harm or threatened harm against another person fall under the violent crime category. Because these offenses endanger the lives and safety of others, they carry severe penalties.
- Weapons charges: A range of acts are considered weapons crimes, such as possessing a gun while under disability or unlawfully discharging a firearm.
We are relentless in our pursuit of seeking optimal results for our clients. Our team has gotten charges dropped or reduced, obtained case dismissals, and achieved not guilty verdicts. While previous outcomes do not guarantee future success, we can dedicate the time and effort necessary to pursue justice for you.
Reach Out to Our Round Rock Criminal Defense Attorneys
Facing a criminal accusation comes with a lot of stress and worry, which is understandable because of the various unknowns in the case. But don’t lose hope. You may have options to fight your charge, and our team is here to help you explore them.
- John (Former Client)